Summer is days away! School lets out tomorrow and this mama is ready for a summer filled with adventure! There will be trips, trips and I think more trips. There will be summer pool parties and weekend adventures with our kiddos.
Summer always feels like my favorite season as it approaches. The opportunity to create magic, the opportunity for adventure. Spending time in the sun, reading an incredible book and simply slowing down with my family. Summer is my “happy place” and I have visions of a beach house where we all veg out in our future.
Until then… My cart is filled with summer essentials…
1. This Neverfull GM Louis is exactly what I am looking for in a summer tote. Enough room to throw in swim suits, towels, sun block, a great book, my wallet and of course snacks. This tote is simple and fresh with the ballerina pink lining and shades of summer blue and white leather. Yes please.
2. Mustard yellow. I don’t think anything says summer more than any and everything in the shade of the sun! This Expressive Feat Dress is calling my name. It’s 1950’s meets 2016. I just know it will make me feel fancy.
3. Has anything ever made you feel more happy? I think not. Round Up The Crew beach towel in Garden is simply summertime happiness contained in a towel. I am loving the round towel style and this pattern simply screams happiness.
4. I want to slip into this dress for a summertime date night with a cool breeze sitting on a pier. Yep, that is exactly what I think of when I see this Thesis, That, and the Other Thing dress. A flirty, sweet combination that is perfection for summer nights.
5. Because every white tank and jeans combo needs an incredible belt. Because belts with the perfect white t and shorts will never look bad. Because I love the details. This B-Low Frank Hip Belt needs to get in my closet.
6. I am a personal development junkie. So much so that I no longer look for the perfect beach book. I have a library of them. Present Over Perfect is on my summer reading list. Presence is the best gift we can give others and I want to hone the skill of living in the moment and truly being present. Sorry kids… The no phone zone rule is not going away any time soon. 😉
7. Every blue pool needs a flamingo floatie. Any summer pool needs any massive floatie. I love this Flock on the Wild Side Flamingo pool float. I mean coral pink, floatie, pool adventures await!
8. Vince Camuto knows a thing or two about ladies foot wear. These Janil sandals in cashmere are the bees knees. The perfect summer grey. Sexy strapy sandals. This sandal transitions from day to night. From beach to bar. From work to weekend. I think I am in love.
9. Happier at Home… The title says it all. Who doesn’t want to kiss more? Jump more? Let go more? Sign me up… I am ready.
10. My most frivolous summer cart item has got to be this Nikon 1 J1 digital camera. I have no good reason to make this purchase. Other than the camera looks cool. I suppose that is reason enough. I just love the sleek look and the white body. I dig it. And it would look pretty darn cute in my Neverfull bag if I do say so myself.
11. White. Silk. Flirty. Fun. Mark my words… This will be my summer date night staple. I think the Parker Eve Dress would easily slip on for a sexy night out. I can’t think of a better way to flirt with my husband…
12. Just because. Mabillon is the perfect basic purse for summer. When racing to the office, chores and errands, summer camp and grocery runs. Not too big, not too small, I think it is just right.
I’m just missing a palm frond pattern and that beach house. Aside from that, my cart is full and happy.