Are you like me? Do you struggle to buy new clothes when you just don’t quite feel like you?
I have been saying to myself “when I, then I” for nearly two years. Well, I when’d and now it’s time to then. As a result, my new vibrance and positive energy has me ready to restock my closet with some incredible new styled pieces.
I am also ready to elevate my style from consistent yoga pants, sports bras and tanks to a more stylish everyday casual look. I love the concept Emily Schuman of Cupcakes & Cashmere shared in a blog post about stylists Emily & Merrit’s tips that changed the way she gets dressed in regard to mixing “highs” and “lows”.
I am game.
My online carts are full with new items to take my style to a whole new level.
1. Anthropologie for the lady-like win. I intend to wear this nightscape lace blouse with my favorite pair of denim and a pair of chunky slingback mules. Playful and understated. Light and airy for summer date nights.
2. These Madewell riley convertible slingback mules in saddle are just the chunky heel I am looking for. Sun dresses and dressed up denim are elevated with supple leather, while the chunky heel maintains a more casual vibe.
3. I carry a wanderlust grander than most. My head and heart are always dreaming up the next adventure. This dainty moon & stars necklace from cupcakes & cashmere is a perfect nod to my explorers heart. After all, no matter where we are, we all look up at same sky, seeing the same moon and stars.
4. Light wash, thick cuff, playful waist band. All I need is the perfect white tee to half tuck and these pilcro embroidered mid-rise slim straight jeans are ready for a summer day adventuring.
5. Gimmie all the color. I love pops of color. I am living for these marigold rothy’s. Ok, so I want them in Chili Red too, but that’s neither here nor there. These sustainable kicks are just one of the ways I am going to dress up denim and tees.
6. I don’t want to grow up and frankly I don’t have to. Overalls make me feel young and alive. And the way ladies are styling overalls these days has me inspired. These Madewell adirondack short overalls are just the pair I need to up-style an old classic.
7. Classic stripes. I crave the simplicity of denim and stripes. To me it is quintessential summer. J. Crew’s striped boatneck t-shirt fulfills my dream to wear denim shorts and a striped boatneck on a cool summers night at the beach.
8. Gimmie a little bling. Even if it’s on my feet. Target’s A New Day collection is casual cool at such great prices. These kersha embellished slides are just the slide to elevate my dream denim shorts and striped tee outfit. They’re a simple slide while being a little special too.
9. This J. Crew lightweight sweater blazer is getting a whole lot of attention on social these days and I can see why. It’s camel coloring, it’s structure, it’s lightweight material – a perfect blazer for a summer night. Taking a casual daytime outfit to a structured evening getup.
10. Because every great outfit needs a great clutch. This lola zip pouch clutch from cupcakes & cashmere is the perfect accessory for every outfit I have planned for this summer. It’s the perfect colorful accent I am looking for with all of my neutral selections.