Y’all we love dining out. We love a good meal with good food, good drinks and good conversation. During this time of quarantine we’ve come to appreciate many things. Wine delivery services. Can I get an amen? Curbside food pick-up / take-out from our favorite local hot spots. And celebrity chef’s posting their magic, providing recipes and tutorials.
I started this home cooking journey with a basic recipe, but a food we love deeply. Biscuits. Bobby Flay posted an image of his Buttermilk Black Pepper Biscuits about two weeks ago, I saved the tag and waited until we felt settled to try this batch out.
Today was the day. I woke with motivation early. Made the bed, started the laundry and got to baking biscuits. If you know me, you know I linger during the morning, a night owl through and through. But, today is Monday and today I was motivated to get yummy biscuits into my peoples bellies.
This recipe is so easy even I am made it perfectly on the first go. The biscuits come out crusty on the outside, warm and flaky on the inside. The flavor is delicious… Not too heavy on the flour notes, but rather perfectly peppery.
I think it’s time I share this gem… Thank you Bobby Flay for such a delicious start to our day.Print
Bobby Flay Buttermilk Black Pepper Biscuits
Biscuits to start the day. Biscuits to eat any which way… These are the biscuits you need in your life.
Bake at 450 degrees for 12 – 13 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12-13
- Total Time: 23
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces buttermilk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients together with hands or a fork
- Cube cold butter and mix into dry ingredients until it looks like course meal flour
- Add buttermilk and mix until just incorporated
- Leave clumps of butter running through
- Transfer to surface and shape into a square about 1.5″ thick
- Cut into squares and place on a greased baking sheet
- Brush with milk & sprinkle with black pepper
- Place in warmed oven and bake for 12-13 minutes
- Brush with butter when fresh out of the oven
This recipe speaks for itself. It is easy to follow and hard to flub up. If you find yourself struggling to find buttermilk you can make homemade buttermilk with 1 cup (8 ounces) milk and 1 tablespoon white vinegar. Best served with delicious cheesy eggs or an extra pat of warm butter and honey. Enjoy!
Keywords: biscuit, biscuits, baking, bobby flay, buttermilk black pepper biscuits