Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie
I have a new addiction…
That doesn’t sound right, but frankly I just can’t stop. I can’t stop baking. Yep, I too have made banana bread. I have made cheese cake. And now I am on to these soft batch chocolate chip cookies.
My sister sent my mom and I this recipe last week claiming these were the best chocolate chip cookies she has ever had. She claimed that they were the most delicious, soft on the inside and yet just the right amount of crisp on the outside. I believed her and stated daily following that “I was about to bake them”…
Those were lies, all lies. I didn’t even prepare myself until Friday or Saturday night and then when night rolled around, this whole COVID thing has just taken all of my unused energy and so, I took no action. Finally, Sunday night I took the bull by the horns or the softened butter by the whisk and attempted these beauties.
The recipe below comes from Pinch of Yum. It is their recipe (linked here), included below for easy access. This is in no way, shape or form my recipe. I share simply so that your life can be enriched by the deliciousness that is these cookies. To my sister, “You were right, we ate all 12 large cookies in 24 hours. Me eating the most of them.”Print
Pinch of Yum Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie
The best soft batch chocolate chip cookies you will ever create yourself.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 8 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (use gluten free if you must)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (we used corse kosher salt)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chip cookies (or as many as your heart desires)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Microwave butter to fully soften it, about 40 seconds. It should not be hot, but should be near fully liquid form.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together. Then add the vanilla and the egg; beat on low speed until just incorporated. (10-15 seconds. If you beat the egg for too long the cookies will be stiff.)
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hands to combine the crumbles to make a soft dough. It should form one large ball that is easy to handle. Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and incorporate with your hands.
- Roll the dough into 12 large balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies look puffy, dry and just barely golden. Do not over bake. Remove even if they don’t look done yet.
- Let them cool on the pan for 30 minutes. They will settle into themselves and turn into dense, buttery, soft cookies. These will stay soft in an airtight container.
Enjoy a bite of dough, because cookie dough is the best. And if you have no self control such as myself, freeze about half immediately so that you don’t eat the entire batch in one day.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, soft batch chocolate chip cookies, cookies, baking
April BlakeApril 28, 2020 at 12:24 pm
Yum, I made similar cookies the other day! It’s nice to have something around to snack on to satisfy a little sugar craving.
MelanieApril 28, 2020 at 4:31 pm
Agreed. I may be satisfying my sugar cravings too often these days, but I am a okay with that. 🙂
KyApril 29, 2020 at 7:25 pm
Just printed this out. YAY!
MelanieApril 30, 2020 at 4:37 pm
These are sooooo good and so easy. We ate all 12 cookies in less than 12 hours. These are not small cookies either… #gainingcovid19